Friday, August 5, 2011

2nd Seizure

Damn it. Danny is in town for the weekend and we spent the entire afternoon in the ER. We were running errands, Dan went into the DMV to renew his tabs, while I sat in the car, and after about 5 minutes I started getting the tingles in my arms. It was just like the feeling before my first seizure. I became insanely hot, my heart was racing and I thought for sure I was going to lose my cookies. I lost control of my hands and arms - they shriveled up, I couldn't grasp objects, nor could I lift my arms. It's a long story and I don't have the energy to expand.

I have sense napped for a few hours. The whole ordeal was exhausting. I'm just so disappointed that this is happening. It's frustrating and sad. I know that my seizures effect everyone around me, they worry, they change their lives to take care of me. I hate the fact that my body isn't reliable. I've never experienced anything like this before.

Dan took a photo of me in my hospital bed. Not my most shinning moment.


At least we were able to stop the seizure from turning into a grand mal. My doctors had prescribed a medicine for me to take when I felt a seizure coming on. When I was in the truck, Danny came back from the DMV and I started begging, begging, begging for water, he ran to the nearest place and paid for a huge water, putting the straw in my mouth. He then remembered the super pre-seizure pills that I couldn't access (nor did I remember in my time of confusion). After swallowing one pill and putting the next one under my tongue, we were off to the ER.  

What a day!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you had to go through this again, but am so glad that you and Danny were together! I will keep my prayers going that the doctors will get this seizure thing under control so that you don't need to worry. Hope that you two can enjoy a relaxing weekend and that it won't be too long before you can be together all of the time! "Love heals all wounds", and you and Danny seem to have plenty of love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, friend!! You are so amazingly strong. Can't seem to find the right words for this at the moment . . . But I hope that despite this sad, scary and frustrating detail of your day, you will have a phenomenal day awaiting you tomorrow. 31!!!!! Celebrating you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top