Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pure Exhaustion

Good morning...eer, afternoon. I just woke up from my second nap of the day. I feel like I'm sleeping my life away. I'm just so exhausted all the time. Somehow, I feel like I've been sleeping for the past two weeks. Yesterday, Dan and I forced ourselves to jog Green Lake, then I went in for a shower and a nap. I'm recovering nicely from the over dosing of artemisinin, my only complaint is the lack of energy. Hopefully there's a nice cleanup crew working overtime on my brain cancer cells. Sometimes I picture a bunch of little teeny tiny happy, yet serious, bubbles with little scrubbing brushes rubbing each cancer cell until they're so shiny that they pop and two other little cleaning fellas sweep the rubbish into dust pans.

Man. I'm so sleepy. You'd think that after sleeping 10 hours last night, then a three hour nap this morning, and then a four and a half hour nap this afternoon, I'd be revving to go. No such luck. I'm going to pull my running pants up over my feet, toss a shirt over my head, grab Dan and jog Green Lake again. It's the only thing that makes me feel alive these days. That, and when Danny makes me laugh. I'm grateful for him. He always makes me feel happy.

Here's a random picture of my favorite tree around Green Lake. It lives on Winona, on the way to PCC. It's beautiful, and I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who's in love with it.


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tree, what is it. I guess spring has sprung in WA. Soon you'll be sprunging too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess,
    I totally know how you feel about being exhausted. It's so hard to feel like you're fighting for your life and at the same time there is no energy. I hope your immune system is just working in overdrive--that's what I think about myself too. Hope you get rested up soon. Your friend-Jess (the other brain tumor fighter)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top