Thursday, April 5, 2012

More Micronutrients

Thank you so much for the beet advice! I just made a new juice, a different recipe, and peeling the beet fixed the problem! No grit. So far I'm on my second glass and I don't have any of the dirt. What a relief! Woo hoo!! I'm totally getting nuts with the juicing. Yesterday I made three different batches each as a new recipe. Since I was on the high doses of artemisinin three days out of every week and I wasn't supposed to eat antioxidants, these juices and my blended drinks are H.E.A.V.E.N. to my body.


This recipe is amazing. I'm being good and following recipes since I have such a horrible track record. I figure I'll play around and learn all of the suggested pairings, then when I really get the hang of this I will be able to figure out fun variations of my own. Below is the recipe from today.

Beet Detoxifier
1 Peeled Beet (Include greens & stalks)
4 Stalks Celery
4 Carrots
1 Inch Ginger
1 Lime
1 Green Apple

For breakfast I created a new smoothie, and it was delicious!

Breakfast Smoothie
1 Small Head of Napa Cabbage
1 Large Banana
1 Tablespoon of Orange Flavored Fish Oil

Don't confuse the smoothies with juices. The smoothies you end up eating the entire piece of produce, unlike the juice where the pulp and fiber are removed. I like to vary between the two options. It's important for me to get a lot of the cabbage, kale, watercress, etc. But, at the same time, it's really hard to ingest a whole blender of liquid. That's why it's nice to have a micronutrient dense juice too. I've read that the juicing allows your body to absorb all of the enzymes quickly since the fiber is hard for the body to digest. Removing the fiber speeds up the absorption.

This juicing kick is such a great distraction. It's perfect timing in fact. I have less than two weeks before my MRI and I'm nervous as hell. We stopped the growth of Hermie from October to January, but now I've been on a whole new protocol. Instead of doing the trio of sweet wormwood compounds, I've mainly been taking the artemether which is the fella that crosses the blood brain barrier. We have a friend who used this protocol and cleared up her brain tumor (same type as mine), but it's still scary when you try new things. I'm mostly scared because I didn't eat as strictly as I did for the previous MRI period. It's hard not to overanalyze, and that's why I need distractions.

This morning, I woke and met up with my friend Jessaca and her baby girl. We walked over to Green Lake, and wandered to the playground. It was wonderful to see them! I miss my Wenatchee girls. After that I took a nap until 2:30 pm. I sleep a lot, but while I'm up, I need things to do to keep my mind sane. My life consists of sleeping, juicing, blending, laundry, running, showering, etc. Just the basics - but I like it that way. If I do too much I get run down, and then I get sick. I've come to the point where I'm pretty clear where my energy boundaries are, even though sometimes I still push it and wear my body out. It's always worth it though :)


Last night Meghan and I ran Green Lake, then swung into my house so that I could make her my favorite green apple, carrot, and ginger juice. She was pretty impressed, and laughed hysterically, when she saw our fridge. To be honest, it's been a long time since I've seen anyone else's fridge, so I didn't really know what the big deal was. She grabbed my phone though, to take a picture. I wish I could see what other people's fridges look like. There must be some delicious looking food or something? I still like whole real food, like normal meals, but I really enjoy cleansing my body with veggies and fruit. My body feels so much better. Especially the green drinks. Tonight, Danny has class so I'm on my own for dinner. I think I'll tackle a new green juice. I'm excited about it! In the meantime, I still haven't ran the lake yet today so I'd better get to it. I'm not going to lie, it's beautiful out and I wish I was sitting at Duke's on the patio with a large Hefeweizen and a side of their delicious cabbage salad, but oh well. Maybe later in the week.....who knows.

4 comments:

  1. The peeling advice was from me! You're so welcome! I'm glad I could help. I started juicing a few weeks ago and experienced the same dirty beet taste myself and I love beets so that was the solution I came up with.


    I love getting your blog posts at times they are very funny! You are such an inspiration with your positive attitude about the whole thing I think it's great. I'm praying for you!

    Karissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess- I just sent you an email about juicing and the Vitamix blender. Love your posts as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the juicing recipes!! YUM!!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess! I just made this recipe and it's delicious! I like cooked beets but couldn't ever drink them in juice for some reason, but this recipe makes them taste so much better.
    Love you lady.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top