11.22.2010

Winter's Here!

Danny, Emma and I just went for a lovely evening walk. It's supposed to be an insanely cold and snowy winter, and we're very excited! For example, just now when we went for the little evening stroll, it was 16 degrees and dropping quickly. The low for tonight is -2 and the high for tomorrow is 15 degrees.

 If you look closely, you can see my eyes.
Danny bundled me up, nice and cozy!



When it started snowing a few days ago I had a bit of anxiety. I was excited for the change of season, but in the same moment I flashed back to the last time I was in the snow. It was last April. The 9th, a Friday, and Danny and I were snowshoeing around the outskirts of Mission Ridge. During the middle of the outing I had a massive headache, which led to a doctor's appointment the following Monday, and the diagnosis on Tuesday.

Life was pretty different then, pretty carefree. I didn't have to worry too much about my diet, my limitations, my stress levels, a need for rest, my future or anything for that matter. If you would have asked me at the time though, I probably would have rattled off a list of things that I was worried about, and stressing over. I remember looking at the photos from that day and I couldn't stand how I looked in the pictures. I didn't like my hair. Now, I laugh at that and think about how lucky I was, and I didn't even know it. Man, life can sure change in an instant.





I think that most people are grateful all year long, but right now, this week, we have time to truly celebrate giving thanks. I'm thankful for my life, and my health. I'm thankful to all of my friends and family. I'm grateful for the wonderful man in my life, who has been so patient throughout this insane life that we've come to know and navigate. I'm grateful for all of the people that I see being kind to others, especially when they don't even know people are watching. I'm grateful for miracles, big and small. I'm just so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top