6.14.2012

Innately Healthy

I saw the most random sight today, my happy little turtles were hanging out with a heron. Pretty cute! I'm lucky to have such an amazing wildlife refuge right here in the city. It keeps me connected to the freshness of nature.

I took today off of my IV treatments. It's just so much money, and it exhausts me. So, instead, I started doing laundry, and fiddled around the house. I even went for a jog along green lake, stopping at a bench to rest and enjoy the outdoors. That's a first. Usually, I run from doorstep to doorstep. I always enjoy the view, but I never take the time to just sit. Just breathe. Just live.

I've been wondering lately, if maybe I'm in denial. Although I do a crazy amount of research, take a lot of pills, and focus so much on treating myself, I have to admit that in my heart of hearts I don't feel sick. I feel alive, and believe that my exhaustion is due to my treatments, not from my innate body.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm already cured. Is that weird? Is there a way that I'm supposed to handle a situation like this? How do you handle a silent monster growing in your brain?

2 comments:

  1. Jess, remember that feeling yucky or tired after an IV can be a good sign, a sign of detox, and your body taking time to repair where it needs it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, You handle it just as you are...one day at a time...feeling your way through with love all around you...you are brave enough to share it with the world and do good along the way...bless you.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top