Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thank You!

My parents swung by our place at Green Lake a few hours ago, and they were beaming! They were blown away by the generosity. People not only bought cherries, but also donated. Above the money that they raised in West Seattle, they were moved deeply by all of the hugs and kisses they were given. If you haven't met my parents, they're incredibly loving and affectionate. I grew up with hugs and kisses all the time, especially before bed. My parents are loving and kind, ridiculous and funny, thoughtful and generous. I appreciate everyone giving them so much love and for making this fundraiser such a wonderful success! So thank you everyone, not only for purchasing cherries or for the donations, but also for giving them so much love!! Since I'm just their child at the epicenter of the cancer without of the privilege of understanding what it means to be a parent, I can not imagine what they're going through. So, thank you! Thank you so much!! We had no idea how much love we would be given, it's been a beautiful example of love and human kindness. Thank you!

To thank you for buying cherries and donating, AND for hugging my parents and giving them kiss after kiss, I am drinking two pints of my disgusting sprout drink. I figure that, if you guys can support me emotionally and financially, I can give all of my energy to my health, even when it's incredibly tough.




Truthfully, I wish you could smell how horrible this drink is, it's created from benzyl and phenyl sprouts. Misery loves company!


1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I ran into your blog by accident when I was looking around at smoothie and superfood recipes.

    My dad is currently battling a glioblastoma. Over the past three years, he has gone through surgery, radiation, a clinical trial where he ended up getting the placebo, Avastin, Temodar, high doses of Accutane, and I don't know how many 4 hour car trips to MD Anderson hospital in Houston for MRIs and blood tests.

    He is in the top 1 percent of survival time for all survivors, which doesn't even take into account his age of 66. We have been fortunate in that my parents have great medical coverage and were near retirement age anyway, so they didn't have to go broke from the loss of the ability to work in the middle of it all. His glioblastoma has become resistant to all medications, and he isn't eligible for any more surgeries, but we're still fighting on. We're meeting one of the doctors that works with the Novocure device to see if he is still eligible for that in his current state.

    I just wanted to tell you that I'm rooting for you, and I know you can do it!

    Your blog is terrific, and I found it very inspirational.

    I'm really impressed with everything you are doing. The research, the trips to different doctors, the nutrition. Most people give up, or they just go down the path of what the very first doctor at the very first local hospital tells them.

    You are doing what winners do. Even as they face great adversity, and even when it gets incredibly rough, they keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep going. And that's why they win. You can do it.

    Good luck with Dr. Liau!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top