Monday, August 16, 2010

An Extra Month

Last Thursday night, I panicked at the date, the 12th. I mistakenly thought that I only had one month before my MRI. For about an hour I thought things were moving too quickly, that I was losing time, and my freedom was coming to an end. The fear of impending radiation overwhelmed me.

I don't know how I figured out my error, but once I did, I let out a sigh of relief. The first thing I did, was go for a run. There's nothing more freeing than propelling yourself through nature. Your movement is on your terms.

Luckily, I now feel like I have an extra month! Funny how that works. The extra month was never taken away from me, only in my mind. What a powerful realization.

2 comments:

  1. My, isn't time relative, though? How about seeing this next exam as one in a series in which they chart your PROGRESS? Fear can be very powerful, but I feel it is negative. To the degree that we can turn it on its head, the better off we are.

    Wish you well. Enjoy all your days and nights, one at a time.
    XOXO,
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the mind is a powerful thing!!
    Hugs to you today beautiful lady.
    Love, Leisa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top