Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Defusing The Situation With Laughter

Danny and I are heading over the mountains tomorrow morning for another speech therapist appointment. I already feel like I'm at 98% so it'll be interesting to hear what she says.

Sometimes, if didn't have such a short haircut I would almost think I've imagined this whole tumor episode. Well, that, and I have a different perspective on life which carries with me every day.

I just got off the phone with my brother, and we were discussing how amazing my recovery has been. There were times when I didn't think I would ever get back to my pre-surgery state, but I feel wonderful. The only changes that I can notice are the fact that I can barely retain information when reading, and I'm horrible at arguing.

When it comes to reading, I have to re-read each sentence, at minimum twice, probably on average four times. Secondly, I used to be able to debate, and argue things, but these days I'm not able to remember what we're debating or arguing (for the record, I'm not going to lie, I still give it a good effort). The good thing is that it works wonders for my relationship. So I guess maybe here's a shout out to the tumor. Maybe it's a Jess upgrade? Truly, Danny and I had an argument the other day and quickly, within my first words, I started arguing a completely unrelated point that made absolutely no sense. Which, in turn, made Danny erupt into laughter, and instantly defused the entire situation. Who can argue with a person that's laughing at their own inability to make sense. It takes the seriousness right out of it!

1 comment:

  1. This made me LOL. You are right it is hard to argue with someone laughing. It is also hard to get mad or even want to get even. So if I was a Dr I would prescribe laughter and plenty doses of it.
    Oh and on my recent visit to the Dr he told me that forgetting to Zip up several times in the last few days was not senility. He said Quote"senility is when I forget to zip down". I feel so much better and with wearning my shirts untucked who will notice I am unzipped anyway!!!
    Keep smiling girl!
    Rich

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top