Thursday, March 2, 2017

Surgery Final Details

This is Dan,

I have removed Jess from her phone and laptop in an attempt to minimize the vast amount of stress she is dealing with. She had a few Dr appointments today, along with finalizing everything necessary for her surgery tomorrow, took their toll on her. The stress that she is under is tremendous and even before todays activities it has effected her greatly. Her body temperature was a full degree below the normal range, which the Dr says can happen when people are in high stress situations. One of her eye lashes actually turned white over night. These are just a couple of examples to illustrate the reasons I have chosen to remove Jess from the outside world and allow her to focus on herself, as much as is possible anyway. We have been overwhelmed with support and love sent our way, and I wanted everyone to know that any lack of response from Jess is because of my wishes of her. Thank you for your understanding.

Tomorrow Jess is scheduled to begin the surgical process about 7:15 with the actual surgery scheduled to begin at 7:30. If everything goes accordingly, Jess should be finishing up with the surgery around 1:30pm and we will get an update (and hopefully get to see her) an hour or two after that. She asked me to let you know so that if you wished to send her your thoughts, prayers, love (or any form of support) this might be a good of a time as any. We truly appreciate all the support everyone has given us, thank you.


The blog will be update periodically by either myself or Jess's parents. We will attempt to keep everyone informed as best as possible but priority one is taking care of Jess so please give us some patience.

18 comments:

  1. Dan/Jess -

    We love you all so much. Jess, you and the entire family are in our thoughts and prayers for an successful and uneventful surgery. You need anything, just holler. I can't imagine the level of stress, and your message is loud and clear. You are a true gem, Dan. Her peace is paramount. And JESS - YOU GOT THIS!

    We love you. Love you. Love you. Madly. Love from all of us in NYC, John, Steph and Miss O and Miss X. xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update, Dan. We all understand if there's no update anytime soon after tomorrow. NO PRESSURE. Sending love and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess was a strength to me in my greatest time of need. I know she has done the same for so many others! She will be in mine and my families prayers! I will pray for you and the rest of the family as well. I know that it is easy to focus on the individual but I know it takes a tremendous toll on everyone else around them as well. May God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember to take care of you as number two. We can wait for updates until you are ready to offer them. Prayers, love and best wishes being sent your way and I'm really not far - just let me know if I can bring you something or help yo, bob and Bonnie (and the rest of the family too.) k Mullis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the thoughtful update, Dan. I've followed your story for years on your blog, Jess. Wishing you all the serenity you carry within you and all the healing and peace in the world. I haven't met you, but hugs and warmth and sweetness! I've learned so much from you! Love, Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you Jess, and Dan. This blog has been an invaluable resource for me ever since my father's GBM diagnosis in 2015. I am ROOTING for you so big over here!!! I hope surgery goes better than expected. Lots of love. xoxoxoxoxox Annie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dan, thx for the update. We're with you and Jess and would like to visit and deliver a care package but understand the process and can drop it off or wait to hear from you.

    We'll be there in spirit. She's in great hands at UCLA so believe in them and soak in all the positive thoughts coming your way.

    We love you guys and will be able to help with anything you need. Feel free to ask

    Stacy, Guy and Leeloo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending you lots of prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending our thoughts and love your way <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. She will be in our thoughts and prayers, God bless you as well Dan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are all in my heart and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been praying for Jessica as well as her family and will continue to. Thank you for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prayers Prayers Prayers for a miracle and good recovery for your sweet Jessica. Prayers for strength for you and all the family also. Prayers of guidance for the surgeon's hands. Thank you for blogging and for the upcoming updates. Pass love & thoughts on to your precious girl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Prayers, hugs and all our love to both.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of love, prayers and the very best wishes for Jess and all of you... Hugs from London!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top