7.29.2013

Relief

I woke on Saturday and continued to unpack, and as the minutes, then hours passed I became more and more anxious. It hit me like a ton of bricks that the MRI was a week ago. That's a long time to not have results. In the past, UW had emailed me test results from their secure system, so I decided to log in and email the doctor's office to see if they could send the report. I knew it was a Saturday, so I didn't expect to get any response (other than an automated one) until the work week began, but bam within 10-15 minutes the report was in my account. It really improved my opinion of UW. I have had some bad experiences with the oncology department, but it's nice to have positive experiences with other departments to wash away any negative feelings.

So anyway, after Dan and I read the report, I posted it to the blog so that you can see for yourself. We feel incredibly relieved with the news. I feel like this MRI report is the best one yet. I'd love to see less flair/T2 signal, but for now I'm just thrilled to not have any nodular area/no tumor and no uptake of contrast dye. 

It took several hours for the report to kick in, and I guess it still hasn't. I'm kind of riding a wave of relief, and it feels fantastic. I even dreamt last night that I was sailing. :)

To celebrate the wonderful news, Dan wasn't satisfied for me to just watch girlie movies cuddled in a blanket on the couch, so he stepped up his game and we grabbed some friends. Removing his bias against dancing, we went out and boogied! I am a ridiculous dancer, but a happy one. I'm always game for dancing, but when it's to literally celebrate life, it feels even better. :)


4 comments:

  1. You go girl! The dancing queen is back ha ha! Chuffed for you!
    Big hugs

    Lynda
    Xxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best.News.Ever. So happy for you two... And great job, Dan! Way to throw caution to the wind and break it on down!
    Great people deserve great things.

    Lots of love,

    John and Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess- I read the whole medical report and it looked good to me even with the little medical knowledge that I have. I am SO very proud of you that you have chosen to take charge of your health decisions and look how beautifully it has turned out! Sending my love and blessings always to you and Dan and I am proud of him for going out and "getting his groove on" HA! Love You Two!!! "So Cal" Patti

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top