7.22.2011

Ondansetron

I have exciting news. The past few nights I had been waking up and vomiting due to my anti-seizure medicine. It took me a bit to figure out the cause, but once Danny reminded me of the side effects, it was a very easy problem to eradicate. The doctors had already prescribed Ondansetron, an anti-nausea medicine usually given to patients undergoing chemotherapy, radiation therapy and surgeries, but I hadn't started taking it yet. In fact, I had completely forgotten about the Ondansetron prescription. I don't love to take medicine, but I am telling you, Ondansetron completely saved my quality of life.

I had been vomiting all of my food, and dry heaving each night. It would happen about 30 minutes after I would lay down in bed, and then I would have to run to the loo. It was interfering with my sleep, I wouldn't finish vomiting until midnight. Anyway, last night I took a Ondansetron (they're good for eight hours), at about 3:00pm. I was in bed by 9:00pm, never vomited and slept for thirteen hours. I feel fantastic! It's amazing how much sleep can affect attitude.

I'm concerned that of the 4 mg pills, 3 mg of that is phenylalanine, something that I have avoided to the point where I don't even chew gum because it is a main ingredient in sugar free gum. I'm scared of phenylalanine and its' effects on the human brain and body, but right now I physically need it to function. Maybe I can get a different prescription for a different high dosage anti-nausea drug that won't contain the bad stuff. I guess I'll have to research that.

In the meantime, no more vomiting!!! Yay!!!!!!

Also, my brother, my niece, and Danny will all be here for the weekend! I can't ask for anything more. Cheers to a wonderful weekend to all!

1 comment:

  1. You too. Dance on the patio table, push Kaal in the river, Jacuzzi with Danny, play catch with Isla (throwing her to Danny and him throwing her back . . .), tell your dad some jokes so everyone can hear his great laugh, and eat everything your mother fixes now that you don't have to worry about losing it! xoxoxoxo oh and what your dad cooks too, he's such a good BBQer. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top