Friday, May 27, 2011

Redistributing Problems x2

I've still been thinking about the post from yesterday, the whole concept of redistributing problems.

I started thinking about everyone I know, and the stories I've heard or witnessed. I have very special friends who have lost a child, who've lost their mate, who are seriously dealing with cancer and all kinds of treatments.

I turned on the TV this morning, poured a cup of coffee, and the first images I saw were people sorting through rubble trying to find loved ones in Joplin, Missouri after the devastating tornado. There was a girl some where around college age who was searching for her cousin. Her cousin was sucked up through the sunroof of the family car, just having left his high school graduation. I couldn't help but cry for them. Tears before 7:30am is unusual for me, but it was cleansing tears. I'm sad for all of the victims and families, and at the same time I'm so grateful for my life.

All of those stories make me incredibly grateful for my situation. I'm healthy, I'm alive, Danny is healthy and alive. My parents and my brother are healthy and alive. In fact, all of my family is healthy and alive. It definitely puts things in perspective, when horrible things happen to people you love, and it effects me even when it's strangers.

My tumor is a bummer, but it's not the end of the world. It's something that I deal with, every day, but the majority of my day is filled with happiness and laughter. My stress level is low, or at least I try to keep it that way. I have everything at my fingertips. I'm in a wonderful place both emotionally and physically. Thinking about other people's stories, helps me focus on all of the wonderful things in my life. I'm sad that people have to go through hard things. I wish I could change it. Since I don't have the power to do that, the least I can do is not take my life for granted. In honor of those who are hurting, I'm trying to live my life to its' fullest.

1 comment:

  1. When I was little and riding in a car I loved to look in the windows of people's houses and imagine what their lives were like. I wondered if I would want to live there instead of where I lived. I always wanted to be where I was. Your blog helps keep me grounded. Thank you for that Jessica. I am grateful to have my bare feet in the fresh cut grass. I am so happy with my life. I am glad you are happy with yours also. Love, Love, Love

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top