Saturday, January 25, 2014

It's Deep, Not Dark

Operation MRI distraction is exhausting! 

This morning I drove to the gym only to get bored within 30 minutes of my interval run. I headed home, and since the fog had melted into sunshine, I snagged a hat and decided to detail my car. Halfway into it I stopped for pills and venom, then continued through the final hour and a half. 

When Rosemary was gleaming like new, I grabbed my garden tools, stretched on my pink garden gloves, and got to weeding. I transplanted, I trimmed, I started digging a hole to China, which made me wonder, do they say they're digging to America? As I'm sure you guessed, I'm not actually digging to China, just trying to transplant a massive dinosaur plant. With Dan working 12 hours today, and tomorrow, I have to be my own muscle maker. 

What makes me nervous is how sore I am, and it isn't even the 'next day' yet. People are always obsessed with the next day pain, but there's something about immediate pain too. That immediate stuff shouldn't be discounted.

When the sun was setting and Emma and my digits were numb, we moved back inside to clean. Then, of course, as with the episode of exercise, I lost interest and settled into the couch for a Netflix streaming movie. Somehow a documentary on the afterlife drew me in. Probably because I can't get away with death subjects with Dan. I'm curious about the concept of an afterlife, of religions, and theories; I don't find it macabre or dark, just fascinating. Not true for Dan, and I respect him, so I tend to watch those things on my own.

The documentary was pretty fluffy, I was hoping for a wider spectrum of voices and experiences, but oh well. 

I'll leave you with a photo of my first hydrangea bud of the season, a happy surprise, and a great quote I read the other day:


"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any."
- Alice Walker

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jessica, I am also a young woman (32 and awesome) dealing with a glioma - you know that thing lurking in our fabulous brains lol! I have been reading your blog occasionally and we have a lot in common. I would love to speak with you personally. If you would like to contact me my email is kikibear81@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same girl as before . . have you tried CBD? It is costly but I use it. Plus I am starting the keto diet too this week - I hope to not cheat lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top