8.02.2011

Parental Picnic

The past several days have been busy. I'm overwhelmed and instead of wallowing in stress and the changes in my life (Seriously, I can't drive?!? When will Danny's training end?!? Is wine really that bad for me?!?) I'm trying to make a conscious effort to change my frustrated attitude. I cooked and hosted dinner for my parents tonight, trying to distract myself from all the crazy things going on in my life.

Kale salad w/cucumber
Zucchini stuffed with tomato/basil/a bit of sheep cheese (thanks Laura!)
Grilled chicken breast

Then, I printed a 10k schedule to get back on track with my workouts. Now, it's an early bedtime to finish my love affair with a book Green lent me, Bel Canto by Ann Patchett.

I've heard somewhere that when in doubt, do something nice for someone else. It will cheer you up. So, I used my parents to make myself better :) Luckily, they didn't seem to mind.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely dinner in a beautiful setting! Love you Jess for all of the positive feelings that you give to us all! "Keep on truckin" girl because I know for a fact that you have MANY YEARS ahead of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, we loved your alfresco dinner. The food was gourmet, the conversation enlightening, and the atmosphere calming. Your father and I left for home in a 'calm and submissive state'. We love you always and forever. su mamasita

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top