8.20.2016

Extended Version Episode Online Now

Oh my god, what an emotional 24 hours. We watched our episode (and Kendrick's too!) last night, and even on the third time, yep, I cried. Then, this morning when we watched the longer version on the website, and you guessed it. Cried again. But it's so lovely!!! From the music, the editing, reliving that beautiful wedding, uuuuuugh, it gets me every time. I am so filled with gratitude to everyone, for all of the help that we continue to receive.

The other day Dan and I were driving, in a rush, and we had no traffic, and I was telling him that I feel like the luckiest person in the world. I feel like everything always works out, or that no matter what, we can find fun in any situation. Gold dust floats around our life, maybe it's dancing angels overhead - I hope so, I like the mental image. I don't know how we have been this blessed. Dan smiled as I was laughing in amazement of our continued fortune, and then he said, "You're right, except for that small brain tumor thing." And I almost wet my pants. Hahaha! Oh right. That.

I've embedded the full version of our episode below (last night's was an 18 minute clip), the full one is 35 minutes. If you would like to use a link to watch in a larger window (which makes a lot of sense), you can click HERE. The longer version helps fill in the backstory, and ongoing details. I love watching everyone, their faces when they show up to the "birthday" party, and the intimate interviews with my parents and Dan. Those are the tearjerkers. What a lovely life I get to live, surrounded by these beautiful souls.

6 comments:

  1. I’ve never had any interest in commenting on a blog, but you are amazing. I’m getting ready to turn 35 and I too have never even had a broken bone. I could not imagine going through what you have gone through. Your grace and sense of humor is truly inspiring. Your story made this grown man cry. The type of love you and Dan have is the kind that most people can only dream of. You are the definition of soul mates.
    Wishing you both infinite love, endless laughter, and countless memories.
    Thank you for telling your story, you inspired a complete stranger
    Sending you positive energy from West Virginia, keep fighting and stay awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an honor!! Thank you. That means a lot, especially since you don't normally post on blogs. The fact that you reached out is very special. Thank you for sending the positive energy, that's a special gift - and probably why I'm able to run around and enjoy life, because you and people like you are sending me their energy. :)

      Delete
    2. I am honored that you not only took the time to read but reply to my post.
      You can laugh because honestly I wasn’t even sure I posted it right :)

      I will continue to follow your blog and hope for the best for you and your family.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Matt! I really appreciate it. It means a lot! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! I just watched the episode (I still need to go watch the long version) and, like many others, I cried my way through it. It was incredible and you are so full of grace. What you and Dan have is such a beautiful thing and you showed the world how full of life you both are. I loved to watch the surprise and it was even more fun knowing that I'd seen the pics from before. Keep on smiling and loving hard...it's always the best course. And here's to many, many more birthdays to come. Julene =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julene - how are you!? I'm so glad you liked it! We're pretty damn lucky, aren't we. It's funny because now, when people tell me they cried watching it, I am like, "Yesssssss!" Ha! I'm so mean! But it's only because it makes means so much that people can relate to our lives, our story. It's a real pleasure to share what goes on behind the scenes of our life.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top