Monday, June 2, 2014

Quite The Impression

"Postsurgical changes of a left parietal tumor resection are again noted, including a CSF (cerebral spinal fluid) filled resection cavity, confluent T2/FLAIR hyperintensity surrounding the cavity, a loculated extra-axial fluid intensity collection, and mild stable dural enhancement. The degree of confluent T2/FLAIR hyperintensity surrounding the cavity is not significantly changed from the most recent prior study and extending back to 2013."

"Impression: Stable resection cavity when compared with the most recent prior study, and multiple prior studies without new extension of T2/FLAIR hyperintensity or new nodular enhancement to suggest tumor."

And there you have it. Unless I'm reading it wrong, it's excellent news. Now, maybe, finally, I can have a bowel movement and my acne will clear up. We still have to wait for UCLA's confirmation, but we remain happily optimistic. Any time we see the words, "without new nodular" or "without new extension" we're relieved.

All day I was a zombie. I was lethargic, felt sick. Now I can breathe, and relax, and celebrate. You never know with these things. I've felt fine in the past and had tumor growth; I've been riddled with seizures and had no tumor growth. You can't necessarily tell if you're getting sicker.

For now I don't need to know more. I don't need to think. The best day is today, that in this moment, just off the scan, we have tangible results about what's happening upstairs. I can feel confident.

I can't wait to start tomorrow anew. A recharged soul ready for more research, or a run, or my ridiculous version of yoga - or all of it. I'm fresh again. 

I'll never tire in my awe for the amazing gift of this life.

(A nasturtium from our garden. Enjoy him now because the poor guy's headed into our salad tonight.)

10 comments:

  1. yea........xxxooooxxxooo.....yea!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful news! Hooray, Jess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic news Jessie...so happy for you and Danny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations ☺ i'm trully happy for you and more confident for my treatment too☺ NDV and dendritic cells vaccine rocks ��!!!yay

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great news Jessica! I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooo very thrilled to hear this news for you Jessie!! You are incredible and I am so excited for you today!!
    Love, Maleka

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news! Congratulations! It's always such a relief after the preceding anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! What a relief, I know. Had my scan on Monday. FYI, you are in a legal state, you should google cannabis oil and cancer. Many, many studies showing it shrinks gliomas. I am on it now and you can make it and take it in the comfort of your own home. You only need a little if you are in maintenance mode.
    Love Katie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top