Thursday, February 20, 2014

RLR Medical Fundraiser

Who loves to run? This girl! I am deeply honored to share the news that there is a new fundraiser on Saturday, March 22nd in Friday Harbor that includes a 10k (6.2 mi) and half marathon (13.1 mi) run.

It falls just a couple of days after my immunotherapy shot in New York, but Dan promised he would take me up to the island so that I can run or walk my way through the race. I don't think I'm capable of completing a half marathon, but I'm all about the 10k. If I start to feel sick, or seizure-y, I'll chill out and bow out of the run for the sidelines. (But between you and me, I'm preeeeetty sure I'll be pounding the asphalt until the end.)

I know this note is a little last minute as far as training goes (that's my fault) but if you're around on the island and are interested, please come join us! If you're not a runner, maybe you'd enjoy walking it?

This race by Run Ladies Run is an annual event and this year they are sponsoring me. The proceeds from the race are all going to my medical fund to help me continue my life saving treatments. I am incredibly grateful, and like I said, very, very honored. I stole a picture of the event headmasters, the women who have passion in their sneakers, I hope they don't mind. Look at those beautiful faces! I can't wait to run in their footsteps.

http://www.active.com/friday-harbor-wa/running/distance-running-races/run-ladies-run-half-marathon-and-10k-2014

If you are in the running spirit - or know someone who is - please click on the photo to register, or you can register HERE. For full race information, including maps and some bumping tunes (they have a great music selection on their website), click HERE.

And of course, if you could spread the word I would be very grateful. Especially since this is my only social media outlet. :)

Thank you. And I really hope to see you there! Lets make it a running par-tay.

That reminds me, this run is going to be a great celebration, and I'm going to dance my way past those miles because I called UCLA today and they concurred with UW that there is no new tumor growth. I am cleared for another four months. I now have until June to schedule my next MRI. Life is sooooo good. Let's keep this winning streak on track. Cheers to my friends and family and to immunotherapy shots and venom and metformin and hundreds of supplements and weird elixirs and natural whole foods and soft gingersnap cookies. Just kidding, had to throw that in there to see if you were listening.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful news from UCLA Jess! I have known in my heart since day one that you would triumph over your enemy and live a long happy life! Wish that I were in better shape physically as you know that I love Friday Harbor and would so enjoy participating in your run! I will be thinking of you all and cheering you on in spirit though! Keep up the good work and never stop running since it brings you JOY!!! Love, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.- I bought a magnet and posted the site for my FB friends. Let me know if they will have T Shirts for your run for sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patti! No shirts this time. Sending love your way!

      Delete
  3. Great to hear the good news.
    Joey & Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top