Saturday, April 20, 2013

MRI

Today has been fabulous. It is absolutely wonderful having my MRIs on Saturdays. I only saw one other patient, things are always on time, no one is stressed, and there's more privacy. The girls that work on Saturday are really sweet, and funny, and the nurse is really good at setting IVs. My vein busted on the first poke, but try two was superb.

Dan and I have been reviewing the MRI scans from January and today. We've been fidgeting with the enhancements, lighting, and zoom. It is so hard to tell what we're looking at, however, in the past we have seen obvious growth at least once, this time we see no obvious growth. Dan and I personally went to the post office and mailed our copy of the scan to Dr Liau. Last time it took over a month to have my scan read by UCLA, now they should have it by Tuesday. Sometimes you just need to take things into your own hands.

I'm hoping we'll get a read on my brain by the end of this week, fingers crossed that they don't find anything concerning. There's still so much inflammation, but that's to be expected. I feel relieved, and hopeful, but you never know with this stuff. For now I'm going to take a nap, then Danny's taking me to get a steak :)

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.

As an aside, it always amazes me when I look at my poor sweet damaged brain. It's so good to me, and has been through so much. It's pretty incredible. I'm really lucky.



5 comments:

  1. Positive signs all around. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping the read goes well, so you can continue to fill that brain with good life experiences for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess,

    Your beautiful brain is SO incredibly strong. Massive amounts of sunlight, love and positivity!!!

    Love,

    Steph and John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, I'm a friend of Jen Gilbert's, she referred me to your blog a few years ago. You're quite an inspiration, and continue to remain in my thoughts and prayers.

    When you were first diagnosed, I let Jen know about an organization I volunteer for, and thought I'd mention it again. It's called Send Love Today (sendlovetoday.org) - and we send cards to people with brain cancer as a way to brighten up their mailboxes and days. No response needed, just a little handmade way to let you know you're in our thoughts. Just thought I'd let you know about Send Love Today again, in case you, or any of your friends, might be interested in receiving cards. There's more info on their website. No pressure either way.

    Sending light and strength to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, our son has a brain tumour, actually he had 3 at once we also did NDV, daily injections, now we are doing various treatments including DCA, Gc-maf, metformin, PSK, AHCC and dendritic vaccine.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top