Wednesday, April 27, 2011

1 Year Surgery Anniversary

One year ago today, I was undergoing brain surgery at this time. My skull was wide open, and the surgeons were delicately removing as much brain tumor as possible. I was peacefully sedated, having already participated in the awake portion of the surgery.

Wow. Even as I wrote that, it shocked me. For being only 30 years old, I've participated in some crazy stuff. I'm lucky that I've had the opportunity to be a part of this wild brain tumor ride. I'm grateful for the experiences. I've come out stronger, and with a depth that I definitely did not have prior. I'm still pretty self absorbed about my health and diagnosis, but I feel like I have to live that way to make sure that I'm paying attention and combating this cancer.

This diagnosis, the surgeries, and the long journey of recovery, have forever changed me. Thank you to Danny, my family, my friends, the friends of friends, the anonymous supporters, thank you to everyone for holding my hand through this past year. There is absolutely no way I could have done this alone. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Jess, You are one of the bravest people we know. Congrats on making the most of this year in educating yourself, choosing and making major changes, and sharing it all with us. Your blog is a gold mine. We love you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top