Sep 5, 2026

Our Modern Life

Dan Carroll Jess Oldwyn

 


This afternoon, Dan and I took a walk because it was so beautiful.

When Danny and I separated, I remember saying to him, there are now rules in how we create this. And that's true for everyone. We have agency in how we will treat another, speak to each other, what we want this to look and how it feels. 

I was diagnosed 16 years ago, and over that time there have been many chapters of my cancer, but there's been a lot of Dan's chapters too. As we came as two island kids who loved being friends, we created a beautiful life, and now we are two island kids back to have mutual respect and love. 

I'm not good at creating explaing this with the connecting of thoughts, and getting my brain connected in the way I wish I could, the proton radiation was extra strong in the helps of killing those tumors.

I imagine I will be writing much more on the blog. It's really important for me to express how I'm feeling during this, as the evolves, my health, what will happen. And it's great to challenge my brain to get back to where I once was.

Thank you for being patient with me, and for loving both Dan and me, it gives me great peace to know that we are supported.

No comments:

Post a Comment