2.27.2011

Ebb and Flow

I think I've figured things out...for now anyway :) Through excellent advice from amazing friends like Dee Dee, and Aunt Jennifer, along with my girls, my man, and my family, I've been able to put things in perspective.

Sometimes, I can get too introspective, and over analytical. I can tend to focus on the big picture and then try to micromanage my life.

My current goal is to get over that. With this diagnosis, my life and emotions ebb and flow like the tides. Sometimes I'm up, sometimes I'm down, sometimes I'm self absorbed and the rest of the time I'm half way normal.

I hate the self absorbed part, and yet at the same time I end up learning more about my cancer and the best way to handle the medical side, the healing side.

I'm done with the poor me side for awhile. I say, "awhile" because it always comes back when I worry and second guess. I'm sorry for being a yo-yo. I wish I could control it, I really honestly do. Thank you for all of the comments, the emails, and personal conversations. Sometimes it's as simple as, "Hey, whatever is swirling around in your head I'm sorry that you're going through this."

Thanks guys :) Thank you for helping picking me back up!

1 comment:

  1. Jess we all yo-yo for different reasons, it's just you have a pretty BIG reason and have chosen to share it with us which is truly a gift, because if you can make it through what you have to go through, so should we with our - man I wish I could remember that old hippie saying, I'll adlib - with our measley (sp) little lives!

    You say we help you, you help us. Getting back on track is what it's about for all of us. xoxoxo ?????

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top