Friday, January 28, 2011

Off To Abu

I worked a full week! I figured, if I can travel across the globe and explore, I can work a full week and manage my time and energy. I was tired each day, but not unbearably so. It's nice getting back to life, feeling alive, feeling normal, as an active member of society, not on the outskirts. Jessaca did call me out on the treadmill this morning though. She recommended a nap. It was pretty hilarious. I'm a little bit loopy.

I'll have plenty of time to catch up on my sleep on the flight. It's 10.5 hours to Paris. We just have to hang out in Charles de Gaulle airport for a few hours and then it's an 8.5 hour flight to Abu Dhabi. Instead of the 24 hour layover on the first leg of the trip, it's going to happen on the way back.

Wow. This is so big!

We're done packing. I've painted a new coat of toenail polish, pale pink. All we need to do is relax, get a good night of sleep, wake up and drive to Seattle, hug my grandma and catch the 1:30pm flight.

I'll try and post a few times, with photos and stories. If not, don't worry, I'll be back on the 10th of February and I'll let you know we made it back safe. Thanks to everyone for supporting us!! This is going to be quite an adventure!

When I get home I have the opportunity to speak to two Rotaries in Wenatchee. I'll be sharing my story. I'm incredibly excited! It's going to be quite a project organizing my words, editing (as you probably noticed, I talk a lot), and chronicling the photos. I'm nervous but it's going to be such an amazing challenge. At least, for now, I've got quite a big distraction with this trip. Life just keeps coming, full tilt. Just the way I love it!

3 comments:

  1. ENJOY EVERY MIN.
    LOVE YOU BOTH
    LINDA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time! You and Danny deserve to have a fun adventure!
    Love, Sarah B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bon Voyage! Safe travels and have a fabulous time. Hugs ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top