4.03.2014

Cramped Cottage

I'm still carrying the love that was shown to me over Friday Harbor fundraiser weekend, so thanks guys (especially Courtney, Melissa, Candyce, Rene, Leisa, Mike, and Kaal for putting on the barn dinner). I'm pretty calm this morning, even knowing I have a date in the OR at 1:00 pm today. I'm more upset that I can't have a cup of coffee or eat anything. The anesthesiologist mentioned small sips of water. Boring. I should have eaten a big dinner last night. Like a big fat bun-less buffalo burger with brie cheese. Rats. I wish I could eat the blackened chicken breast in the fridge, or the deviled eggs, or the sprout salad I grew and harvested (just gotta toss some of our tahini sauce on it). Yes! Or anything. Oh, the macadamia nuts, or the soy nuts, or the celery or cucumber to munch on. I'm desperate! But a hot cup of delicious coffee with a tablespoon of grass fed heavy cream....yummmmmmeeeee. The creaminess. I guess that would be my #1 choice.

I've been distracting myself, but now I'm just ready to get this overwith. It's supposed to rain from now through the weekend, ugh, I'm going to get cabin fever, I can already feel it. There's only so many episodes of Nova that I can watch. I'm all about nature, but I can't stomach the animals eating each other, blood all over their coats. Yuck. I've definitely gotten smarter without cable (literally), but it has also ruined my ability to zone out at mindless TV. I lose interest. 

Alright, I'm off to do some ironing. Here's a few fun pictures of things growing in the house and the garden. Hope you find them as cool as I do. I'm a simple girl, easily excitable.

Before

After

Day 1

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5 (still growin'!)

My sprout condo, so I will never go a day without broccoli sprouts. Which of course  I do because I'm terrible about timing. 

Hope you all have a great weekend. Fingers crossed that the doctors will say I'm cleared to walk on the treadmill, so I can bust out of our little cottage and make my way to the gym. I'm not into soggy walks. Soggy runs? Sure. Because when you run you keep warm. I've tried waking in the rain and it's miserable. Awful. I feel like a dog that's getting a bath. Not fun. I'm rambling. I'd better get my act together, my parents will be here before I know it and there are a lot of unhappy wrinkled shirts glaring at me from the couch. I'd better save them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top