Saturday, June 24, 2017

Lymphoma or No Lymphoma

Sorry for the delay. Tuesday we received the results of the CT scan. No large, hidden mass, however, the doctor saw concerning things in my thyroid. She said things like, "Well, maybe what's going on here is thyroid cancer that has metastasized to the lymph nodes. You need an ultra sound."  So we waited a few hours, and snuck in for an  ultrasound. Since then we were awaiting results. 

Yesterday evening, we got a call saying the nodules in my thyroid seem within the normal scope of a woman. Apparently, us women have extra lumpy thyroids.

So where does that leave us? My lymph system is still under the impression that my body is under attack. My doctor keeps bringing up a type of lymphoma, but it's slow growing, and most of the time, it's just monitored. 

Could I find out for sure, if I do have lymphoma? Yep. But, they would need to remove one of the lymph nodes to run it through tests. Thing is, I don't have it in me right now. I can't handle more pain, more needles, and cutting. Right now, I need rest. I need a break, with laughter, and naps, and distractions, and air, with exercise, and a routine. I need to detox, and breathe, go for walks, and meditate. 

I can't handle the possibility of further health problems, and I don't really believe that's what we're dealing with. I just had a fourth brain surgery. My body, from head to toe, my subconscious and mind, even my poor spirit, they have been thru the gauntlet. 

I'm still clawing my way back to normalcy, and it makes sense that my lymph system is completely out of whack.

If I start panicking, if it's too stressful to watch and wait, I'll schedule the procedure to remove one of those enlarged nodes. For now, I need to chill, and give my body some extra love. This could have gone very differently, and I am so freaking relieved! No big old tumors, yay! If I am living with a little lymphoma, so what (which probably isn't the case anyway). I'm living healthy, and happy. And, for right now that's good enough for me.

Now I can schedule my brain MRI. (Never a dull moment.)

Oh, and to clarify, the possible lymphoma, would not be related to the glioma. Also, my doctor is comfortable waiting 3 months before I have to remove a node.

So, in a nutshell, we're going to triage and we'll deal with the current status of my brain tumor, which will help me make decisions regarding treatment. Lymphs are on the back burner, but I'll keep exercising them, and hopefully all that crazy stuff will work itself out. 

Thank you for the love and support - when things get crazy, and I don't know what to do, or what is going on in my body, you guys aways lift me up, and say the nicest things. I appreciate you all so very much! Sometimes I wonder how I'm going to face these obstacles that constantly keep popping up, then I remember I'm not in this alone. So thank you!

I don't have time for health problems, this house won't paint itself!

4 comments:

  1. That is wonderful to hear Jessica. I hope soon part of the recovery will be a walk in the a.m., love, love seeing your beautiful self.

    Xoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many kisses and love to you. I'm so relieved. Sure hope to s
    ee you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep your head down and focus on what you can control. Never, ever give up. Your life is today and that is all for all of us. Love all those people who shore you up. Their energy is real. Take it in.
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess your doing an amazing job healing your way back. Keep up the good work girl. I feel like I need to share with you that I have had swollen and sometimes sore lymph nodes almost all the time and have for years while begging cancer free. My oncologist and many rheumatologist havnt ever quite know what to say about them except that maybe they are attributed to the trama my body's been through or possibly from a rare and so far undiagnosable auto immune syndrome I'm doing my best to stay one step a head of. I wanted to tell you sooner but I also was afraid to give you false hope. Crossing my fingers you just have swollen lymph nodes! Because mine are most often swollen my favorite doc and oncologist Dr. Kolibaba has taught me not to worry about them unless they are rock hard. Mine are sometimes hardish or fiberish but not like a rock. A good tip for us multiple cancer survivors who start to worry and want to PET scan every time our body freaks us out with something fun like a new swollen and sore lymph node ;) love you!! Sending so many Hugs your way Jess!!! -Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top