Saturday, April 11, 2015

Polar Bear Plunge

Good morning everyone. I posted yesterday about the fundraiser that Dan and I are doing to support  new cancer patients into First Descents cancer adventure camps. What I forgot to mention is that a donation as little as $5 is greatly appreciated. Every single dollar counts. Dan and I are going to climb 50 - count them fifty, five zero - routes in three hours. It is going to be challenging, but it's going to be amazing! I will be taking photos, maybe even video, and posting it to the fundraising page.

And if we don't meet our goal of fifty climbs in three hours next Saturday, we have pledged to do a polar bear plunge. 


Brrrrrr! You can give us suggestions, perhaps I can put a poll on the blog and you can vote on where we leap into the frigid waters.

I am so excited for this challenge, and I really hope we escape the icy Puget Sound. Most of all, I really want to give others a chance to gain lifelong friends, comrades, a true loving understanding peer group that understands them. It's just like new moms tend to reach out to other new moms, we do better, learn more, have better support when we band together. It just makes things better all around. We're here on Earth to help each other, and it's a lot of fun. Let's fundraise to envelope more cancer patients under the FD wing. Let's spread the joy, and the love. Navigating and enduring cancer is one of the hardest trials a person can endure. Let's make it easier for them.

Thank you for reading this, and thank you for the support. I wish you could see the laughter, and the healing tears, the hugs, and the accomplishment that occurs throughout these amazing adventure.


Please, please, please be so kind as to help spread the word about our page. It would mean so much to both Dan and I.

Thank you again,
Jess

2 comments:

  1. Where are you doing the climbing routes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're climbing at Vertical World in the Interbay area of Seattle. (It's kind of lower Magnolia.)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top